Quintin Kynaston School is a mixed 11-19 Community Academy. There are 1428 students on-roll with 378 in the Sixth Form (January 2011).
Our two main teaching blocks are surrounded by attractive grounds with grass areas for recreation which is exceptional in central London. We are well served by public transport with many bus routes passing nearby, frequent tube trains and a local commuter train service.
The school was founded in 1886 as The Polytechnic Day Boys School in London's Regent Street. We have changed names several times. We were homeless for 17 years. We arrived in St John's Wood in 1956. We became comprehensive in 1969. We have been co-educational since 1976. We gained specialist Technology College status in 2001. We gained Foundation Status in 2008. We gained Academy status in 2011.